Music that inspires Finncedes from 'Polaris'. Side A (Samcedes) was posted earlier. Enjoy!
1. 'Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely' —Husker Du: "The day you left me, left me feeling oh so bad/Still I’m not sure about all the doubts we had/From the beginning we both knew it wouldn’t last/Decisions have been made the die has been cast"
2. 'Love Lockdown' —Kanye West: “I bet no one knew, I got no one new/I know I said I’m through, but got love for you/But I’m not lovin’ you, the way I wanted to Gotta keep it goin’, keep the lovin’ goin’/Keep it on a roll, only God knows/If I be with you, baby I’m confused/You choose”
4. 'Wicked Games' —The Weeknd: “So tell me you love me/Only for tonight/Only for one night/Even though you don’t love me/Just tell me you love me/I’ll give you what I need/I’ll give you all of me/Even though you don’t love me”
5. 'You and I' —Washed Out: “Holding soft, to holding back, to keep his own heart/All in all, you need to learn to let it go/Feelings for her/For all you know/You keep yourself from rising tone, no future holds/Slowly look up, you’re looking hard to find love/Low key, fatal tune/Hold me, you know this wasn’t planned”
6. 'Coming Down' —Dum Dum Girls: “You abuse the ones who love you/You abuse the ones who won’t/If you ever had a real heart/I don’t think you’d know where to start”
7. 'The Look You Give That Guy' —Eels: “I see you with your man/Your eyes just shine/While he stands tall/And walking proud/That look you give that guy/I wanna see/Looking right at me/If I could be that guy/Instead of me/I’d never let you down”
8. 'Sorrow' —The National: “Don’t leave my hyper heart alone on the water/Cover me in rag and bone sympathy/’cos I don’t wanna get over you/I don’t wanna get over you”
9. 'Heartbeat' —Childish Gambino: “I need to be alone like the way you left me/You start calling, you start crying/I come over, I’m inside you/I can’t find you/The girl that I once had”
10. 'Echoes of Silence' —The Weeknd: “You knew that talking dirty to me on the phone would get me here/Cause we both wanted to do this but I could tell that you were scared/Baby please/Would you end your night with me/Don’t you leave me all behind/Don’t you leave my little life”
11. 'Pyrite (Fool's Gold)' —Frank Ocean: “I need something different/Cause you ain’t feeling the same/Who knows, maybe I’m crazy, that’s one big maybe/But even a fool knows when it’s gold/I know pyrite from 24 karat/Cubics from genuine diamond/A call from the woman who loves you and hello from a friend/I know when it’s real, I know how to tell/I know the difference between what you say and how you feel/Oh, I know when it’s real”
12. 'Somebody that I Used to Know' —Gotye: “But you didn’t have to cut me off/Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing/And I don’t even need your love/But you treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough/No you didn’t have to stoop so low/Have your friends collect your records and then change your number/I guess that I don’t need that though/Now you’re just somebody that I used to know”
13. 'Teleport 2 Me' —WZRD: “The moment when I realize it’s all in my mind, the moment I hate the most/A moment of loneliness and I can’t close my eyes/Without you by my side/I want you girl and I need your body right here/Won’t you teleport to me”
14. 'Kill' —Jimmy Eat World: “Could it be that everything goes ‘round by chance/Or only one way that it was always meant to be/You kill me, you always know the perfect thing to say/I know what I should do, but I just can’t walk away”
15. 'Heart of Stone' —The Raveonettes: “I went away to meet my love/I saw things that I can’t have/It makes me mad/To think of you with someone else/You know the reason I can’t hurt/I got a heart of stone”
16. 'Montreal' —The Weeknd: "I guess you had no idea that you could have persuaded me/Girl you could have had me doing anything you pleased/But baby I’m a pro at letting go/I love it when they come and go/But it could have went so many ways, so many ways it can go/Cuz ain’t nobody feels the way that I feel when I’m alone"
That new chapter of Polaris has me feeling some kind of way. I think I am totally over-relatting to Finn because I used to be him in this situation. My heart breaks for him but I can understand that Mercedes doesn't feel the same. Sometimes it isn't simple. There was so much angst and emotion. I love the way you write. Can't wait for the next chapter :-)
Yeah…I think we’ve all had a Finn experience. Truthfully? I think Mercedes does care very much for him, but what she and Sam have is really strong. The next chapter is a crazy batch of emotions. Get ready. :)
This is the Samcedes playlist for my story "Polaris" . The main song ‘Polaris’ by Jimmy Eat World, was previously posted.
1. 'Only You' —Portishead: "We suffer everyday, what is it for/These crimes of illusion, are fooling us all/And now I am weary and I feel like I do/It’s only you, who can tell me apart/And it’s only you, who can turn my wooden heart"
2. 'Coming Back to You' —Leonard Cohen: “Maybe I’m still hurting/I can’t turn the other cheek/But you know that I still love you/It’s just that I can’t speak/I looked for you in everyone/And they called me on that too/I lived alone but I was only/Coming back to you”
3. 'Outside' —The Weeknd: "I’m ‘bout to burn that shit into flames/Once I’m in you, baby/Forget what you know/Make yourself at home/‘Cuz baby when I’m finished with you/you won’t wanna go outside"
4. 'Heart Skipped a Beat' —The xx: “Please don’t say we’re done/When I’m not finished/I could give so much more/Make you feel, like never before/Welcome, they said welcome to the floor/Sometimes I still need you”
6. 'Used to Be' —Beach House: “You are coming home, are you still alone, are you not the same as you used to be?/As the sun grows high and you serve your time, does each day just feel like another lie?/Now you know, is it just for show, just a foolish game that you hide behind?/Don’t forget the nights when it all felt right, are you not the same as you used to be?”
7. '23' —Jimmy Eat World: “It was my turn to decide/I knew this was our time/No one else will have me like you do/No one else will have me, only you/You’ll sit alone forever/If you wait for the right time/What are you hoping for?/I’m here I’m now I’m ready/Holding on tight/Don’t give away the end/The one thing that stays mine”
8. 'Hackensack' —Fountains of Wayne: “I used to know you when we were young/You were in all my dreams/But I will wait for you/As long as I need to/And if you ever get back to Hackensack/I’ll be here for you”
9. ‘Denim’ —Frank Ocean: “A good pair of dark blues/Hand washed by me, by you/We care enough to/Never let them drag, never let them tear/We’ve kept the tags on them so we could remember/Exactly what it cost us to get here, to get this pair/To get here, to get this pair of ours/Got a love like denim/A love that lasts, a love that we can wear”
10. 'Take Care' —Drake: “When you’re ready, just say you’re ready/When all the baggage just ain’t as heavy/And the party’s over, just don’t forget me/We’ll change the pace and we’ll just go slow/You won’t ever have to worry/You won’t ever have to hide/You’ve seen all my mistakes/So look me in my eyes/Cause if you let me, here’s what I’ll do/I’ll take care of you”
11. 'Maps' —Yeah Yeah Yeahs: "Made off/Don’t stray/My kind’s your kind/I’ll stay the same/Pack up/Don’t stray/Oh, say say say/Wait, they don’t love you like I love you"
12. 'Girlfriend' —Phoenix: “Well, you’re far from home/I’m with you now/I’m lonely/I’m loneliness too/Boy, the miracles still give fortune tears/This is the glory, is this how you want it/Not a miracle in years/Sad is for the lonely”
13. 'Slow Motion' —Patrick Wolf: “I was too young, too weak from the road/Too proud for help, too scared to grow/Out of my depth and out of control/I was so lonely there/Living in slow motion/Breathless corrosion/Waiting for the kiss of life/Waiting for your kiss of life”
14. 'Will Do' —TV on the Radio: “Your love makes a fool of you/You can’t seem to understand/Our heart doesn’t play by rules/And love has it’s own demands/But I’ll be there to take care of you/If ever you should decide/But you don’t want to waste your life/In the middle of a lovesick lullaby/Anytime will do/My love”
15. 'Thinking About You' —Frank Ocean: “Or do you not think so far ahead/’Cause I been thinkin’ ‘bout forever/Yes, of course I remember, how could I forget?/How you feel?/And though you were my first time/A new feel/It won’t ever get old, not in my soul/Not in my spirit, keep it alive/We’ll go down this road/’Til it turns from color to black and white”
16. 'Hazy' —Rosi Golan feat. William Fitzsimmons: "What if I fall and hurt myself?/Would you know how to fix me/What if I went and lost myself?/Would you know where to find me/If I forgot who I am/Would you please remind me oh?/Cause without you things go hazy"