Music that inspires Finncedes from 'Polaris'. Side A (Samcedes) was posted earlier. Enjoy!
1. 'Don't Want to Know if You Are Lonely' —Husker Du: "The day you left me, left me feeling oh so bad/Still I’m not sure about all the doubts we had/From the beginning we both knew it wouldn’t last/Decisions have been made the die has been cast"
2. 'Love Lockdown' —Kanye West: “I bet no one knew, I got no one new/I know I said I’m through, but got love for you/But I’m not lovin’ you, the way I wanted to Gotta keep it goin’, keep the lovin’ goin’/Keep it on a roll, only God knows/If I be with you, baby I’m confused/You choose”
4. 'Wicked Games' —The Weeknd: “So tell me you love me/Only for tonight/Only for one night/Even though you don’t love me/Just tell me you love me/I’ll give you what I need/I’ll give you all of me/Even though you don’t love me”
5. 'You and I' —Washed Out: “Holding soft, to holding back, to keep his own heart/All in all, you need to learn to let it go/Feelings for her/For all you know/You keep yourself from rising tone, no future holds/Slowly look up, you’re looking hard to find love/Low key, fatal tune/Hold me, you know this wasn’t planned”
6. 'Coming Down' —Dum Dum Girls: “You abuse the ones who love you/You abuse the ones who won’t/If you ever had a real heart/I don’t think you’d know where to start”
7. 'The Look You Give That Guy' —Eels: “I see you with your man/Your eyes just shine/While he stands tall/And walking proud/That look you give that guy/I wanna see/Looking right at me/If I could be that guy/Instead of me/I’d never let you down”
8. 'Sorrow' —The National: “Don’t leave my hyper heart alone on the water/Cover me in rag and bone sympathy/’cos I don’t wanna get over you/I don’t wanna get over you”
9. 'Heartbeat' —Childish Gambino: “I need to be alone like the way you left me/You start calling, you start crying/I come over, I’m inside you/I can’t find you/The girl that I once had”
10. 'Echoes of Silence' —The Weeknd: “You knew that talking dirty to me on the phone would get me here/Cause we both wanted to do this but I could tell that you were scared/Baby please/Would you end your night with me/Don’t you leave me all behind/Don’t you leave my little life”
11. 'Pyrite (Fool's Gold)' —Frank Ocean: “I need something different/Cause you ain’t feeling the same/Who knows, maybe I’m crazy, that’s one big maybe/But even a fool knows when it’s gold/I know pyrite from 24 karat/Cubics from genuine diamond/A call from the woman who loves you and hello from a friend/I know when it’s real, I know how to tell/I know the difference between what you say and how you feel/Oh, I know when it’s real”
12. 'Somebody that I Used to Know' —Gotye: “But you didn’t have to cut me off/Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing/And I don’t even need your love/But you treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough/No you didn’t have to stoop so low/Have your friends collect your records and then change your number/I guess that I don’t need that though/Now you’re just somebody that I used to know”
13. 'Teleport 2 Me' —WZRD: “The moment when I realize it’s all in my mind, the moment I hate the most/A moment of loneliness and I can’t close my eyes/Without you by my side/I want you girl and I need your body right here/Won’t you teleport to me”
14. 'Kill' —Jimmy Eat World: “Could it be that everything goes ‘round by chance/Or only one way that it was always meant to be/You kill me, you always know the perfect thing to say/I know what I should do, but I just can’t walk away”
15. 'Heart of Stone' —The Raveonettes: “I went away to meet my love/I saw things that I can’t have/It makes me mad/To think of you with someone else/You know the reason I can’t hurt/I got a heart of stone”
16. 'Montreal' —The Weeknd: "I guess you had no idea that you could have persuaded me/Girl you could have had me doing anything you pleased/But baby I’m a pro at letting go/I love it when they come and go/But it could have went so many ways, so many ways it can go/Cuz ain’t nobody feels the way that I feel when I’m alone"
That new chapter of Polaris has me feeling some kind of way. I think I am totally over-relatting to Finn because I used to be him in this situation. My heart breaks for him but I can understand that Mercedes doesn't feel the same. Sometimes it isn't simple. There was so much angst and emotion. I love the way you write. Can't wait for the next chapter :-)
Yeah…I think we’ve all had a Finn experience. Truthfully? I think Mercedes does care very much for him, but what she and Sam have is really strong. The next chapter is a crazy batch of emotions. Get ready. :)