If my “making fun of” you mean “planting the seeds that will lead to the removal of” I agree with everything you wrote here.
Lol. I actually just meant making fun of. I’ve said before that he’s most likely a hilarious drunk, throwing shade and being sarcastic. Just thinking about the philosophical discussions these guys have while drinking…I need this in my life.
But girl, go right ahead and take that shirt off. I ain’t mad.
“She thought of the death of newborn things, lonely roads, and strangers who appear out of nowhere simply to hold one’s hand, woods in which the sun was always setting. She had only to lay her head on his chest and he would lead her away to the sea, to the city, to the woods forever.”—Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye (via of-the-stars-i-dreamt)
3. Favorite genre of music and why: It’s either new-wave or R&B. Why? Because new-wave songs are depressing but you can still get your life on the dancefloor to them. And I grew up on R&B. It’s a shame that the genre isn’t as defined as it used to be. Bonus genre: soca and calypso. It’s the music of my culture.
31. A song you dislike by your favorite band: There’s a lot of Smiths songs I’m not a huge fan of, mostly because the lyrics are absolute ridiculous.
4. Least favorite genre of music and why: I can usually find something to like in all genres. But recently dubstep (which is really a sub-genre, but whatevs) is just awful. For every one good track, there’s at least 50 shitty ones. Every douche with a Youtube account and free mixing program thinks they’re a DJ now. It’s super annoying. I prefer lush-sounding dubstep, stuff that borders on trip-hop. There’s a heavy bass, but it’s not overpowering. And there’s not a whole lot of that “wompwompwomp”.
33. 5 songs you used to hate but now enjoy:
"Lotus Flower Bomb"…it’s slowly growing on me.
"Teenage Dream"…I’m never here for Katy Perry, but if I’m drunk enough, I’ll hit the two-step to it.
"Blame it on the Alcohol"…Glee’s the only reason I enjoy this song.
"Forever"…I’ve never liked Chris Brown, but this song is catchy.
"Man Down"…first listen, I thought it was annoying. But now I’m like "meh, okay".
47. Do you imitate the singer of a song, when listening to it? Hell yes. It’s so much fun.
6. Favorite guitarist? Ooh, this is interesting. I have a few: Lou Reed, Thurston Moore, Johnny Marr, Joni Mitchell, B.B. King, and Prince.
24. Songs that make you pissed off: Are these songs that are so awful that I get pissed off? Because frankly, anything by Katy Perry will do. That chick is awful and her songs get stuck in my head all the damn time.
41. Do you approve of auto-tune? I think in some instances, when it’s used creatively and not just to fine-tune shitty singers, then yes. Case in point: bands like jj, who uses vocoder and auto-tune to create other worldly voices and sounds over lush beats. It’s fun. But recently…it’s annoying as hell.
48. Your favorite musical artist when you were younger: I was all about Janet Jackson. Rhythm Nation was my shit.
1. Favorite bands: Dammit. I hate this question. Far too many bands to name, but I’ll try to do at least 10. Mind you, these are just bands, not counting duos or solo artists.
Jimmy Eat World
The Dead Boys
Coheed and Cambria
15. How many cds or albums do you have? I own about 50 or 60 CDs, not counting mix CDs, about 15 intact cassettes, and about 30 albums. Everything else is digital. I won’t even tell you how large my music library is, because I don’t really know. Last I checked it was near 50,000 songs. That was a few years ago.
46. Finish this sentence. “One thing I can’t stand, is when band…” I can’t with bands who are completely full of themselves. I really hate when people are pretentious about their music, especially when it’s absolute shit.